News:

BB code in posts seems to be working again!
I haven't turned on every single tag, so please let me know if there are any that are used/needed but not activated.

Main Menu

Update page only if select who you are.

Started by FloatingPoint, August 13, 2010, 07:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloatingPoint

Hello,

I have a shape that I can select a user's name via an IF Statement. What I would like to do is... This shape is labeled "Updated by:" and I want the updater to have to select their name and not be able to update the page without selecting their name. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

Yacine

... hmmm ...
a password protection is not directly implemented in Visio.
why not covering the whole page by a protected shape, that disapears once you fill in the right data?
Yacine

FloatingPoint

Thanks for the reply.  ;D

I need people to still be able to view the doc, but for those that are able to update the doc should have to be made to say who the doc has been updated by. If by protecting the whole page, will others be able to view? I'm a little new to adding functions to the shapes.

Thanks.

vojo

protected shape is translucent....reader gets the gist, but cant change until update
Could even have a 0/ to indicate viewing only

Yacine

Hi FloatingPoint,
what you are asking for is much more a document management system. Tracing changes of a document, shall be safe and cannot be implemented with just a few lines of code.
Why won't you check this:
http://www.google.de/search?source=ig&hl=de&rlz=&=&q=document+management+open+source&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
As for the viewing for non authorized user, you can export your drawings as HTML files.
Yacine

Browser ID: smf (is_webkit)
Templates: 4: index (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 6: init, html_above, body_above, main, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 4: index+Modifications.english (default), Post.english (default), Editor.english (default), Drafts.english (default).
Style sheets: 4: index.css, attachments.css, jquery.sceditor.css, responsive.css.
Hooks called: 213 (show)
Files included: 34 - 1306KB. (show)
Memory used: 1064KB.
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 13: 0.00124s for 26,766 bytes (show)
Cache misses: 2: (show)
Queries used: 16.

[Show Queries]