Moving or animate objects on a visio documents

Started by AmiVisio, March 26, 2014, 05:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmiVisio

Hello everyone,

it is possible to animate or move objects on screen?
I would like to animete (or move) a ball following the connector lines.
Moreover, due to the fact that the visio document is larger than the physical display, i would like to scroll the document.
Is this possible too?

Thank you very much

vojo

need VBA to do animation

about 5 years ago, I did an animation hobby project with visio....posted it here (somewhere)....might give you some ideas

The official/preferred way is to do a series of sheets, paste them into PPT, and set PPT to automtically scroll the pages.

Yacine

It is definitely possible in visio. The question is whether this really the right tool for that job???
Yacine

wapperdude

Vojo's animation post is here:  http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=361.msg1573#msg1573  His development, as I recall, does move an object along a pre-defined path.

Visio animation is not well developed, nor very much documentation.  If memory serves correctly, while the animation is running it takes over the focus.  Would seem that there are simpler animation programs out there.

His article is the basis for some work I did later on:  search for popcorn, ferris wheel.  I offer those because it probably takes multiple looks to understand Visio animation.  Start with Vojo's article, though.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro