CAD Drawing Properties - Scaling Grayed Out

Started by Will, January 31, 2011, 11:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Howdy, Folks.
I'm having an issue on multiple machines and versions of Visio (2007/2010).
The "CAD Drawings Properties" dialog box will not allow changing the drawing scale.

Check out the attached screenshot and let me know what you think.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

-WILL

Paul Herber

Are you sure it's not something to do with that particular CAD file? What type of CAD file is it?
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Will

Hi, Paul.
Thanks for responding so quickly.
I don't suspect the CAD file because the issue doesn't appear on my machines - just on my assistant's PCs.

Any insight?

Thanks.
-WL

wapperdude

Is the file being accessed by more than one machine at the same time?  Not sure how Visio inserts, but, it could be the 1st machine "locks" the file?  You could do a file copy and let the 2nd machine access the copy -- see if that works.

What differences are there between your machine and your assistant's?  Visio versions?  OS?  OS updates? 

Is it just this file, or is it true of other CAD files?

The Truth is Out There.
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Will

Hey, Wapper.
Thanks for your input as well.

I believe the issue is related to the CAD files. The files that exhibit this issue contain line work that is outside of the 2D plane. I am able to restructure the CADs to play nice, but my assistant is not as proficient.

Any chance Visio calls components from CAD applications? The only reason I ask is that our machines are nearly identical except mine has AutoCAD 2009 and he is using the free TrueView application to view files. I know I'm grasping here, but thought it might be relevant.

Thanks again.
-Will