Why connector cannot adhere to the connecting point

Started by mk, March 14, 2023, 06:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk

Dear all,

In logic diagram, I drew the AND logic. Since I want the small circle (which mean negative logic) to be attached at the input side (in attached figure, point 1, 2, 3)or output side(point 4) according to future need, so I didn't drew it directly on the AND shape.
Now, I put two connecting points on the circle, as figure 1 shows. But when I drag it to the AND, the adhere behaviour does not happened in figure 2. When adhere, a green square normally will appear to note the connection(as example in figure 2 top left), while with the connection line, all the points 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 can all be find it and show green square successfully.

Although I select all the adhere items in dialog of  Align and Glue, this does not change.
Anyone know the reason?

Best regards,
Eva

Yacine

This doesn't work because by default Visio sets the connection points to be of type 0 (=inward).

Open the shapesheet, go to the Connection points section and change the type of the row to 1 or 2. Now the circle can glue to the "and" shape.

Better option: don't use single circles at all, use connectors instead and set their line ends to be circles.

If the "negative logic" is a property of the "and" shape instead of the connecting line, then I would suggest using sub-shapes that you can configure to your needs.
An example is shown in the connections of a tank in this post: http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=6723.msg27987#msg27987

Yacine

mk

@Yacine

I changed connector's type of the circle to type 1, then it can (not always) connect with the logic gate, and show green square. Thank you for direct method!

One thing I'm not sure is:after setting type to 1, it does not always show green square when I drag the circle to the connecting point on logic gate. Sometimes, it show, sometimes not. I must try several times. This seems not be affected by whether I select icon of Glue to Connection Points or Glue to Shape Geometry. And also not affected by whether I set the connecting point on AND door as type 0,1,2. Why?