Frame around group has changed in new version

Started by hnrkkrkb, December 23, 2020, 10:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hnrkkrkb

Hi

In the old version, the frame around groups lay on top of the line
In the new version, the frame around groups lays outside the line
See attached file

That gives me trouble when I use matrixfigures, becaurse there is a space between the groups.

Does anyone knows if there is a way to get the frame back on top of the line?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Henrik

Paul Herber

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Surrogate

hnrkkrkb

Hi

Sorry
The new version is Microsoft Visio Plan 2 MSO (16.0.13426.20270) 32 bit
I don't know if it's the latest versio on the market, but it the version on my mashine

I don't remeber what version was installed on my old mashine

vojo

is the left a group of shapes (even if some are deleted within the group)....right is simple shape.????

hnrkkrkb

The right one is a group of shapes made in a previus version of Visio, when I drag it in from the stencil, the frame is on top of the line
The left is the same group of shapes, after I ungrouped it, an grouped it again. Then the frame is outside the line
If I make af new group of shapes, the result is the same, the frame is outside the line

wapperdude

Yes.  This is new behavior.  But, if you enable live dynamics (File>Options>Advanced), then you will see the actual shape boundaries as you drag the group.
Visio 2019 Pro

hnrkkrkb

Hi
I think Live dynamics already is enabled. (It´s a danish version)
My problem is that the frame with handles is placed outside the shape

wapperdude

Right.  Let me rephrase, I wasn't clear.  This is the behavior of the "new" Visio versions.  The outer frame ought to present no problem that I'm aware of.  You should still see the shapes as you drag the group, allowing positioning as before.  That is, you can position such that shape align edge to edge, etc, as before.
Visio 2019 Pro