Data spacing question

Started by smartassx, December 09, 2020, 02:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smartassx

When importing data (ex. excel file) and attaching data to a object you seem to be able to change many style choices, but only have the option for auto spacing. Is there a way to shrink the spacing so my data attached to each object is closer together?

EDIT: I tried manually spacing which works fine just moving each text box, but it resizes to the original spacing when you refresh the data.

EDIT 2: I tried modifying the shape data in the master in the Drawing Explorer. It shows the correct spacing i want in that, but when i apply it it doesnt change the shape spacing in the document.

Surrogate

Quote from: smartassx on December 09, 2020, 02:43:00 PMI tried modifying the shape data in the master in the Drawing Explorer. It shows the correct spacing i want in that, but when i apply it it doesnt change the shape spacing in the document.
you mean modify in Document Stencil?

smartassx

Quote from: Surrogate on December 09, 2020, 07:16:07 PM
Quote from: smartassx on December 09, 2020, 02:43:00 PMI tried modifying the shape data in the master in the Drawing Explorer. It shows the correct spacing i want in that, but when i apply it it doesnt change the shape spacing in the document.
you mean modify in Document Stencil?

I modified the Draw Explorer > Master > Data Graphic > Edit Master Shape

vojo

if you want changes for any shape going forward, need to change in the shapes stencil
if you want changes for any shape you already dropped on the page, need to change shape in doc stencil

Doc stencil changes wont affect shape stencil and vice versa

I.e once you drop a shape on the page, the connection to shape stencil is broken and doc stencil is created

smartassx

Quote from: vojo on December 10, 2020, 01:10:10 PM
if you want changes for any shape going forward, need to change in the shapes stencil
if you want changes for any shape you already dropped on the page, need to change shape in doc stencil

Doc stencil changes wont affect shape stencil and vice versa

I.e once you drop a shape on the page, the connection to shape stencil is broken and doc stencil is created

Im confused. My issue is with the data spacing not spacing in a shape i made. Do you have a link or screenshot?

Tenky

I got the V2007 and Office 2010. I also use a lot of office tools like Trello, Work time, Zoom. All of them work seamlessly.