Shape data field will not delete?

Started by ToninoS, October 27, 2020, 05:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToninoS

Got a wierd one here. So i have a shape that has 13 shape data fields. The last one in the list is "Model_Number". When I edit the master shape and open its shapesheet "Model_Number" does not appear but the other 12 do, when i drag the shape onto the drawing the "Model_Number" field shows up in the shape data window. I then open the shape sheet and "Model_Number" is there in the 13th line in shape data so i delete it. I then drag that shape in as a new master but then when i drag it back onto the drawing.... "Model_Number" is there again both in the shape data window and in the shapesheet.... i am confudled. I have 9 shapes and the same issue with all of them. any ideas? thanks all :)

Yacine

You are probably using one of Visio's ready solutions - like the P&ID template, where addins operate at document level.
If you repeat your test with a blank document the described behaviour should not happen.
Check also the user section, are there calls to addins?
Yacine

ToninoS

Hi Yacine, thanks for your reply. I actually had an epiphany and thought what if i previously had a formula which relied on the "Model_Number" shape data field so i searched the shapesheet and lo and behold there was a User-defined Cell named User.CPMSetList which had a value of "Generic Hardware Data" and a prompt of ""[CPM11]Descriptor 1, Descriptor 2, Descriptor 3, Model Number" ...... i deleted that whole row and now it is not showing up anymore :)      i just googled User.CPMSetList to see if i will be allright to delete it and the first result was one of your posts on here "How to program Shape Data Sets - User.CPMSetList" from 2014 :D     well, hope i dont break anythign by removing the line, thanks