News:

BB code in posts seems to be working again!
I haven't turned on every single tag, so please let me know if there are any that are used/needed but not activated.

Main Menu

Bugg when modifying a shape name twice

Started by victoroko, May 28, 2015, 11:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

victoroko

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with Visio and I hope you can help me. I am in developer mode, and I select a shape and go to Developer->Shape Name and introduce a new name to the shape and it works fine. And if I open the ShapeSheet of that shape I can see in the sheet's tittle the new name of this shape.

But the problem comes when I change the shape's name again. I go to Developer-> Shape and introduce a new name to the shape and it seems that it has worked because I can see the new name in the shape data window. But if I open the ShapeSheet of that shape in the title I can see the previous name of the shape and not the new one.

My problem is I have shapes with connection points and when I connect a cable to this shapes, I can see in the cable ShapeSheet the name of the shape connected to on side of the cable and the other side in the in "BeginX" and "EndX" . If I change the name of those shapes, it changes in the cable Begin and End but if I change the name of those shapes again, it doesn't change in the cable.

Please tell me if you know how to solve this issue because it's driving me crazy and I'm developing a new program and can't continue without solving this.   :'( :'( :'(

Thanks in advance. 

Surrogate

#1
visio have two different types of shape/page names. Local and Universal
Quote from: Surrogate on May 05, 2015, 02:03:50 PM
Quote from: sindemic on May 05, 2015, 01:08:44 PMi didn't still know what is the english universal Name of the Background page, but at least the german local one.
Not at all...
Local and universal pagenames after second renaming are different!
better way use syntax sheet.<ShapeID> instead MyShapeName !
Quote from: JohnGoldsmith on May 21, 2015, 09:24:34 AMuse Sheet.ID syntax as per Surrogate's suggestion

Browser ID: smf (possibly_robot)
Templates: 4: index (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 6: init, html_above, body_above, main, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 4: index+Modifications.english (default), Post.english (default), Editor.english (default), Drafts.english (default).
Style sheets: 4: index.css, attachments.css, jquery.sceditor.css, responsive.css.
Hooks called: 171 (show)
Files included: 34 - 1306KB. (show)
Memory used: 1052KB.
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 13: 0.00180s for 26,767 bytes (show)
Cache misses: 2: (show)
Queries used: 15.

[Show Queries]