Visio 365 - Cannot link to the text of a form on another page

Started by Leines, April 30, 2024, 07:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leines

Hello everyone,
I am currently using Visio 2010 and 365 and I have the following problem which I cannot solve.
My problem is a Visio with the file extension VSDM (Visio365)

I have four pages. On the first page (Projekt-Data) is my "main shape" which I fill with a text. Pages two to four each have a shape that takes the text from the "main shape" on the first page. I have solved this with the formula, which also works perfectly in Visio2010.

SHAPETEXT(Pages[Projekt_Data]!Sheet.1!TheText)

The problem now is that when I enter something in my "main shape", it does not transfer the text to the other shapes. Only when I enter it again does it take it over.
However, this only happens with VSDM, as soon as I use VSDX (Visio365) or VSD (Visio2010), for example, it works without any problems.

Does anyone happen to know this error and has a solution? Unfortunately, I need VSDM because I will also have markos running later. But the error is also in a new file without macros.

Thomas Winkel

I cannot help here, but if you provide a minimal example we could verify this issue with our installations.

wapperdude

I cannot address 365 related issues, but, using V2019 Pro, there is no issue with text updating...even after saving as file type vsdm.
Visio 2019 Pro

Surrogate

Quote from: Leines on April 30, 2024, 07:53:14 AMDoes anyone happen to know this error and has a solution? 
Which error do you mean?
Field dont update or you get error in ShapeSheet's cell?

wapperdude

By any chance did you rename the 1st page more than once?  If you did, with the 2nd and subsequent renamings, the page name reference in the formula becomes broken because the correspondence of the local and universal names is no longer linked.  An easily cure issue.
Visio 2019 Pro

Nikolay

The behavior does not seem to be reproducible (see the attached sample - VSDM - updates properly)

Could it be that some macro in the VSDM file prevents the formula from working?