Isometric shapes

Started by danish82, August 12, 2012, 02:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danish82

Hi,
anyone got some good tips on how to achieve these rectangular and edged shapes with shading and lighting like this? http://www.ratemynetworkdiagram.com/?i=10226

vojo

these are based off June the 2nds math

Right click and double click.

vojo

Use these to build up things like below

BTW...how do you insert a picture into a post with this simple machines forum tool???

danish82

Thanks alot  :D
Do you know how to do the shade effect? I have tried alot of patterns and transparency settings, but it just doesn't look right.

vojo

I did the shade as follows

Group the faces (cube is really 3 faces as a group).
Use the group color and calculate the face shades from the group shade based on the light source (rt click to pick light source)

So for example, if light source is "northeast"   then on cube

Top face RGB = group (R_20,G_20,B+20)
Right face RGB = group (RGB)
left face RGB = group(R-20,G-20,B-20)

I take the respective colors and plug into the subshape face shapes in their color cell.

The user cells at the group level will show you how its down

As far as adjusting the light source, if I recall, there is a right click to enable that.   

In general....take a shape of interest (simple square)
open up the shape....add a geometry....draw a line starting within the shape and goint outside the shape (2X away)
(you can get fancy and add a control point to the end of the line so you can move it around)
Set the line to noshow = 1
exit out of shapesheet
use the gradient fill to pick one (say northeast lighter)....pick primary and secondary colors.

The trick is that the gradient will be across the entire shape width even though only say 1/2 of the width actually has a shape shown

This is useful for any of axis gradient work you want to do.

vojo

June the 2nd is the expert on all this kind of stuff