Audio Speaker SmartShape With 3D Effect

Started by wapperdude, September 30, 2008, 01:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wapperdude

Visio Guy's post about A SmartShape is Worth 1000 Symbols prompted me update my speaker shape that is included in the Audio Shapes for Stage Planning.  The new shape incorporates the ShapeSheet mathematics with a twist, namely, everything is driven by the shape width.  Effectively, this forces the aspect ratio to be constant.

In response to other requests posted within the Forum, this speaker allows some user input configuration, essentially providing 4 different speaker styles. 

Finally, I added my own quirky little touch.  When the speaker is selected, there is a control point in the lower right corner that may be dragged horizontally.  This allows the shape to transform from full frontal view to full side view.  As it does so, the shading of the speaker changes, mimicing change in lighting.  Alas, I did not incorporate Visio Guy's marvelous shading technique.

The zip file also includes the speaker stand, which will travel with the speaker as the control point is moved.  Kind of keeps the stand at the speaker's center of gravity.

As always, Enjoy!

Wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

wapperdude

Oops.   ::)  The control point is in the lower left corner.  I knew that!   :P

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Visio Guy

Wow, really nice 3D rotation and shading features!

The image below was created from one Smart-wapperdude Shape!

For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010