Custom Shapes with Org Chart Behavior

Started by markd, September 17, 2009, 04:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markd

I have created some shapes that I would like to behave like the delivered org chart shapes.  Specifically, I want to be able to drop a shape onto another and create the hierarchy and the connections.

I'm running Visio 2007 and i have the SDK installed.  I've looked at the shapesheets for the org chart shapes, but can't see what creates the behavior I'm looking for.  I'm probably overlooking something or just not looking in the right place. 

Is what I want to do possible? If so, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Deltadiver05

ME TOO.  I see this is an old post, but I hope my interest will bring it back to the top of the list. 

Simke

Deltadiver, Mark

Did you find any solution? I am looking for solution over the net but still didin't find it...

aledlund

"Specifically, I want to be able to drop a shape onto another and create the hierarchy and the connections"

if you check the events section of the shape sheet in the event drop cell, you should see something like this

=RUNADDONWARGS("OrgC11","/cmd=ShapeDropped")

hth,
al

Simke

Al,

I think we are little bit closer to the solution. I have just made stencil with few org chart shapes and made changes in Event section based on your instruction.

Now I've got a Connecting Shape info window when I place my new shape for the first time on working surface, but automatic creation of the hierarchy and the connections still don't work.

Also when I look at shape icons in stencil I can see that my shapes don't have a connection line as original org chart shapes...

Would you like to look at my stencil in attachment, please? Maybe you can see what I am missing to do.

Thanks a lot!