How to scale up image where objects's size are remained same?

Started by hana, July 29, 2022, 08:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hana

If you have a file which include objects for example for EE like transistors, resistors etc and if you group them into one and then from the corner drag it to zoom in a bigger figure.
How can I make sure that these components are not zoom in only wiring changes?
The problem is that I have like 30 images with different sizes and I'm placing them in a table with many images side by side. However, if I keep the same scale then some images looks small compared to other. So I tried to scale them to get the same size. However, this make the components's sizes are also scaled up with different scale factors.

hana

Why do you always do that?
I know that and I did that intentionally.
The forum is quiet and I posted it in multiple places to get more idea.

wapperdude

To the 1st question: 
1) cross I posters rarely advise (as in never) take the time and courtesy to update if a solution was found on another site.
2) we're all volunteers, using our personal time.  So, because of (1), we've learned that we could be answering something that's already been solved, thus wasting time our time.
3) sometimes, there an answer to the immediate question, but there more that might be useful, helpful below the surface and takes extended time to explain.  Thus, we also gauge the depth of out initial response. 
That's why, when we know, raise the cross boosting flag.

So, back to your question.  You need to open shapesheet for each shape within the group and wrap both the width and height values with the Guard fcn
Visio 2019 Pro

Surrogate

Quote from: wapperdude on July 31, 2022, 02:41:40 PM1) cross I posters rarely advise (as in never) take the time and courtesy to update if a solution was found on another site.
2) we're all volunteers, using our personal time.  So, because of (1), we've learned that we could be answering something that's already been solved, thus wasting time our time.
3) sometimes, there an answer to the immediate question, but there more that might be useful, helpful below the surface and takes extended time to explain.  Thus, we also gauge the depth of out initial response. 
That's why, when we know, raise the cross boosting flag.
+1
On the Stack Overflow forum you have subsequently supplemented the question, with new details, a diagram and a link to a one-time download of the file !
Quote from: hana on July 31, 2022, 02:13:17 PMThe forum is quiet and I posted it in multiple places to get more idea.
Which forum do you think is quiet enough?

Paul Herber

Quote from: hana on July 31, 2022, 02:13:17 PM
The forum is quiet and I posted it in multiple places to get more idea.

It's usually the same people on all the forums for Visio stuff!

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

wapperdude

Looks like i s/b more diligent proofing my posts for fat finger errors.  😱🤔😣😁
Visio 2019 Pro

hana

Quote+1
On the Stack Overflow forum you have subsequently supplemented the question, with new details, a diagram and a link to a one-time download of the file !

I did try that here first but the annoying site that doesn't allow me to submit my post after spending sometime to write more detail, save image in my hard drive in order to upload here. The stack overflow allows me to paste image directly without having to save and better interface. I wonder why this forum is about Visio but the procedure makes it really hard for you to post images.

Croc

QuoteYou need to open shapesheet for each shape within the group and wrap both the width and height values with the Guard fcn
You can try to protect the desired shapes from scaling using the menu
Developer / Protection / Width, Height
You must first select them. For example, use layer selection
Home / Select / Select by Type / Layer / Electrical

Surrogate

Quote from: hana on July 31, 2022, 10:05:24 PM
I did try that here first but the annoying site that doesn't allow me to submit my post after spending sometime to write more detail, save image in my hard drive in order to upload here. The stack overflow allows me to paste image directly without having to save and better interface.
This forum was created in 2008, with ancient forum's engine. Stack Overflow have modern engine, based on Markdown, that modern engine also support upload pictures to imgur picture hosting.
Quote from: hana on July 31, 2022, 10:05:24 PMI wonder why this forum is about Visio but the procedure makes it really hard for you to post images.
Here you can insert pictures from other resources, press button Insert image and paste picture hyperlink.

vojo

yea...see icon...but all that does is insert some xml tags....I have never figured out how these tags work.