Importing high quality images to Visio 2019 become blurry

Started by hana, July 10, 2022, 04:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hana

Yacine

Yacine

hana

Quote from: Yacine on July 11, 2022, 03:53:42 PM
So the solution is to import low-res images?

I don't know what you mean. I import a high resolution image into Visio and add something more like text or description. But when I export it the image quality is so bad. I checked all setting to make sure that I don't miss something but I see people have the same problem.

Surrogate

Visisthebest

Hana thank you for bringing this to our attention, I did not know this.

I assume this affects JPG and PNG but SVG and other vector formats still come out very sharp. I agree MS needs to fix this.
Visio 2021 Professional

hana

Quote from: Surrogate on July 12, 2022, 11:12:46 AM
Quote from: hana on July 12, 2022, 04:10:47 AMI import a high resolution image into Visio
Why did you do that?

I exported that file from another software and then I wanted to do some post modification in Visio as it's much easier to do in Visio.

hana

Quote from: Visisthebest on July 12, 2022, 11:19:46 AM
Hana thank you for bringing this to our attention, I did not know this.

I assume this affects JPG and PNG but SVG and other vector formats still come out very sharp. I agree MS needs to fix this.

I imported SVG into Visio, added some text and then exported but the resolution was bad.

Surrogate

Quote from: hana link=topic=9909.msg45353#msg45353
I exported that file from another software and then I wanted to do some post modification in Visio as it's much easier to do in Visio.
Wow ! Did you try change compression settings like in first answer of this thread?
Quote from: hana on July 26, 2022, 02:43:06 AMI imported SVG into Visio, added some text and then exported but the resolution was bad.
After adding some text try this workaround:
1. export to SVG
2. publish to PDF from this SVG file

Sorry, I forgot that I shared with you same advice in Stack Overflow thread

hana

QuoteWow ! Did you try change compression settings like in first answer of this thread?
I don't think so. I think I also checked this when I googled for the problem. Anyway, I'll check again tomorrow.