increase the length of the arrow

Started by awa123, May 25, 2022, 10:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awa123

@wapperdude, thanks a lot !

i've done couple of flow diagram with the lines & pencil and indeed it's much easier than the connectors

the main advantage i see compare to the connectors is the flip function, we can easily copy paste a group of shapes and make an horizontal flip (which doesn't work with connectors); i think i will forget the connectors forever !

just a random question : is there any possibilities to select a group of nodes all at once (instead of select each of them with Shift  button + click on each individual node) ?

wapperdude

Hmmmm?  Let me think...  That sounds like selecting an entire shape.  On the serious side, yes.  Select the shape (normally, or with the pencil tool).  When the pencil tool hovers over a node, it will show the move symbol.  This would allow you, I assume, to easily tweak your shape.
Visio 2019 Pro

awa123

my previous picture was just an example to get the idea, but indeed it was maybe confusing cause i took a straight line.

Let's take now this more realistic example, is there a quick way to select all these node real quick ? 

thanks

wapperdude

Yes.  See the "serious" part of my preceding answer. 
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

Shift+click allows to select multiple nodes, then move only this selection.
Yacine

RudySchneider

I think Yacine and Wapperdude aren't "hearing" the "quick way" portion of your question.  Yes, it would be great to be able to "lasso" several points instead of Shift-Clicking on each individual point.  Sadly, that option is not available.
There are no problems, only opportunities

Yacine

@Rudy, Good point!

@awa123, Could you upload a sample of drawings, so we get an idea about the complexity of your task?
Yacine