"Smart Scale" fonts

Started by larryg, April 20, 2022, 01:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryg

Quite a while ago, someone posted an updated graphic drawing scale smart shape, similar to the "scale symbol" in the walls, shell and structure" stencil, but one that actually was useable for architectural drawings.  Only issue I'm having is the size of the fonts is not sizeable and wondering if anyone was familiar with this shape and could offer some guidance.

thanks,

Larlry

Yacine

Yacine

Surrogate

Yacine

Quote from: Surrogate on April 21, 2022, 10:32:44 AM
Quote from: larryg on April 20, 2022, 01:23:25 PMarchitectural drawings
in Visio ? You dont kidding ?

Not really, fonts can be sized by "mm" numbers, but I still have no clue of what the O.C. means.
Yacine

vojo

One trick from circa 2005

in shape sheet

user.scale = width / 5mm
character size = 12pt * user.scale

this way if shape gets bigger, font increases....shape gets smaller font gets smaller

Visio Guy

For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

Surrogate

Quote from: Yacine on April 21, 2022, 12:05:09 PMfonts can be sized by "mm" numbers
Of course you can set font size in "mm" via MS Visio user interface, but real font height not correspond these settings.

Different fonts have different equalents:
|2,5 mm|3,5 mm|5 mm|7 mm
ISOCPEUR|11pt|15pt|22pt|31pt
Arial|10pt|14pt|20pt|28pt
Times New Roman|10,5pt|15pt|21pt|29pt

wapperdude

Similar to what Vojo indicates...
1) Create a User-defined Cell, call it User.AntiScale, but set its value = ThePage!PageScale/ThePage!DrawingScale

2) Set the Character Size value = GUARD(12 pt*User.AntiScale*Width/4.75)  Adjust the initial size, 12 pt, or the width factor, 4.75, to get the desired beginning size and the amount of variation with shape resizing.
Visio 2019 Pro