Is there a shortcut key for opening Shape Data?

Started by Visisthebest, March 17, 2022, 09:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visisthebest

VisioGuy made a nice overview of Visio keyboard shortcuts that even include a shortcut for opening the shapesheet.

Is there also a shortcut for opening shape data? (Data -> Shape Data)

http://www.visguy.com/2008/04/09/work-faster-with-our-top-visio-keyboard-shortcuts/
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Hi, Visisthebest !

You mean shortcut for pop-up window ?

Press the ALT key and you will see the initial shortcut keys
Shortcuts Alt+A+H just show/hide Shape Data window

Surrogate

Not trivial way for pop-up Define Shape Data window is Shift+F10+d+d...
Shift+F10 used for call context menu (by right-clicking on the mouse).

Visisthebest

Visio 2021 Professional

Visisthebest

Works great I only need it for the regular shape data window not for define shape data.
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Quote from: Visisthebest on March 17, 2022, 10:50:51 AM
Works great I only need it for the regular shape data window not for define shape data.
In modern Visio versions we have 2 kinds of Shape data windows.

Sorry, I dont know shortcut for popup Shape data window without DOCMD-magic  :(

vojo

one note.   If on visio 365,  this DOCMD(1312) works for subshapes ...but does not work of the shape or group of shape is at the highest construct.

For example,
   - say I got a group shape call sheet.100
   - say inside this group, I have 2 subgroups....sheet.110 and sheet.120
   - say in sheet.110, I have child shapes sheet.111, sheet.112, sheet.113

DOCMD(1312) works for all the shapes EXCEPT sheet.100....for sheet.100, need to use the right click==> data ==> custom props

Typcially, you might put this command in the trigger cells
    eventondrop = DOCMD(1312) + <other actions of interest>
    or
    eventdblclick = DOCME(1312) + <other actions of interest>

Surrogate

Hi, vojo !
Quote from: vojo on March 18, 2022, 01:13:11 AM
DOCME(1312) + <other actions of interest>
What do you mean ?
Quote from: vojo on March 18, 2022, 01:13:11 AM
one note.   If on visio 365,  this DOCMD(1312) works for subshapes ...but does not work of the shape or group of shape is at the highest construct.
Yes, we discuss this problem about week ago...
Double Click on Shape Data fields displays "No Shape Data Exista"
Quote from: vojo on March 18, 2022, 01:13:11 AMTypcially, you might put this command in the trigger cells
Not all shapes have similar formula in EventDrop and EventDblClick cells, user must write it manually. IMHO it is not so easy as use shortcuts...

Visisthebest

For my purposes using the keyboard shortcut:

Alt+A+H

Works great for showing and hiding the shape data window.

And for some shapes it is useful to put 'show shape data' under the double-click, or as the first context menu item for quick access.
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Quote from: Visisthebest on March 18, 2022, 09:07:27 AM
Works great for showing and hiding the shape data window.
Also you can turn-off AutoHide. You can see Shape Data values for each selected shape

vojo

google DOCMD and you can see all the functions available for shapesheet and all available for VBA
I have used DOCMD(1312) in user cells and event drop and eventdblclk
you can get real slick and build context drop downs.  Things like
   - show a subset of props....network parameters only....server parameters...etc using actions
           some thing like
              action.net = setf(getref(action.net.checked), if action.net.checked = 0,1,0)
              action.server = setf(getref(action.server.checked), if action.server.checked = 0,1,0)
              user.selection = if (action.net.checked, 2, if (action.server.checked, 3, 0)  + docmd(1312)    //or similar
              props.ipaddr.showhide = if user.selection =2, 0,1
              props.dram.showhide = if user.selection = 3, 0,1

so when actions used, user.selection update which trigger docmd(1312) after update
    - show a subset of props by a menu via props that value in a high level props
    - or even a right click and select network or server
    - etc.

the problem is that since this does not work at top level, it makes doing these kinds of things less impactful
since its unlikely a user would tunnel into some child shape to then do all this

Note, if you do these kinds of things the shape in and of itself grows.   
I have done this for blades...a single blade shape would be about 500KB for something like 50 parameters

Surrogate

Quote from: vojo on March 18, 2022, 02:45:15 PMI have used DOCMD(1312) in user cells and event drop and eventdblclk
DOCME(1312) is misspelling !
Quote from: vojo on March 18, 2022, 02:45:15 PMI have done this for blades...a single blade shape would be about 500KB for something like 50 parameters
WOW !!!
Quote from: vojo on March 18, 2022, 02:45:15 PMthe problem is that since this does not work at top level, it makes doing these kinds of things less impactful
since its unlikely a user would tunnel into some child shape to then do all this
Shortcuts is for regular users, tunnels only for hardcore :)