VSDX Lines rendering wierdly

Started by LinkeD365, February 20, 2022, 11:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinkeD365

Hey all

Firstly, without this forum, my code wouldn't work at all, so thanks for the help over the years.

My code is generating VSDX files using the XML & I have managed to generate 2 projects which document functionality in Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents.

My next tool is doing something very similar, but for some reason the lines are rendering weird in VIsio.

For example I am connecting A to B, so am expecting a straight line, rather than the route it takes.

Looking at the XML it seems to be defined correctly, but am at a lost to work out how it is rendering like this.

So, is there anything I can do in the line shape definition to prevent it from adding the additional route or is it the connectors?

(I realise I might have to give you more info as well, but not sure what)

Help please!

Paul Herber

A screenshot of the path the line is taking ... ?
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

LinkeD365

Thanks Paul for the quick response.

My brain, working in mysterious ways, had an idea as soon as I posted submit and resolved it.

It was due to the "direction" (DirY) of the connector being set to 1 (inherited from previous code), so it was doing as asked and expecting to route down from the connector rather than right.

Working now!