Downgrading from Visio 2007

Started by jalgunn, May 28, 2008, 02:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalgunn

Visguy,

Having been a satisfied user of Visio 2003, I have recently spent a lot of money on Visio 2007 Standard - imagine my disgust at finding that many of the useful shapes/ stencils had gone and I'm supposed to spend a further £200 to get things I can already do in Visio 2003.  How do I copy the shapes across and is there any reason why I shouldn't ?

jalgunn

Lars-Erik

Try running a search for *.vss in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\
Returned almost 500 stencils (about 100 MB total).

- Lars

Visio Guy

Hi jalgunn,

Which stuff are you missing, in particular?

I know in past "upgrades" they've ripped stuff out, but I can't remember off the top of my head what is missing from 2003 to 2007...
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

jalgunn

Hi visguy,

Quote from: Visio Guy on May 28, 2008, 08:21:28 PM
visguy wrote:
Which stuff are you missing, in particular?   

Most of the business processes stencils, engineering diagrams, networking diagrams  - they've left a couple of stencils in each area, where they're used to be several.  I'm annoyed that IDEF0 diagrams have been removed as I use them weekly.  They have left one flow diagram, a basic LAN diagram, a Gantt chart a calendar and a mind map diagram.  Most of these are standard Powerpoint anyway

Can I use Visio 2003 stencils in Visio 2007 ? 

Thanks
jalgunn

Visio Guy

Hi jalgunn,

It sounds to me like you've "upgraded" from Visio 2003 Professional to Visio 2007 Standard.

Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Edition Comparison

Look at your packaging, invoice, or for the existance of this file:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\VisPrx32.DLL

If it's not there, then you have Standard.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010