How do you accept Visio's Suggested field values from auto-helper drop-down.

Started by djc664, February 06, 2022, 08:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djc664

I'm back in making custom Visio icons after a few years away, and I've evidently forgotten the keyboard shortcut to accept the "type ahead" code suggestions while trying to write a Custom Formula. I arrow down, but for the life of me I cannot remember what (or even IF) there's a keyboard command for accepting the value and ENTERING it on the line for me.

Example is attached of what and where I mean. Everything I'm used to in other IDEs either do nothing, just type spaces, or give me an Error In Formula when combos with Enter are used. :(

Can anyone help? I've been searching the internet and these forums for the better part of an hour trying to find the answer, and I feel like I'm in crazy-town and clicking on the values are not faster than just typing everything out... HALP, Please! :(

Paul Herber

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

djc664

Well, at least I find myself in your excellent company, good sir. :)

Really hoping someone else knows the keyboard magic and that there is some. Being shown a dropdown and not being able to select a value from it with the keyboard isn't very accessible either. I need that 508 compliance in my life! ;)

Surrogate

Greetings from Russia !
Your goal is to insert many similar formulas that differ by the number of the figure ? If so, you can use MS Excel for concatinate formulas...

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

djc664

Quote from: wapperdude on February 07, 2022, 12:47:15 AM
The tab key will enter the highlighted formula.

I knew when the answer became clear I was going to slap my forehead. :)

Thank you so much for the answer! I got too-used to the CTRL+ something or spacebar / Enter options, it appears.

Cheers!

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro