Colour palettes

Started by Yacine, January 13, 2022, 08:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yacine

Saturday morning and nothing better else to do ... thought about analysing the visio file with the many colours in depth, in order to find where they are defined ... and maybe get a possibility to edit it.
Renamed the "vsdm" into "zip" and dived into the different xml (and others) files defining this one file.
... and guess what? I didn't find the definition of the many colours.
*/$& dammit!

Would it be a small reference to a - maybe - external online reference???

Chottverdammisch!
Yacine

wapperdude

As "I don't get out much", a question occurs to me, are there other drawing package available that accept entering a single numerical value for color choice?  My limited exposure hasn't encountered that.  But, if so, follow-up questions are:
1) does the numbering/color definition from app to app remain consistent?
2) within a single app, is there consistency from file to file and/or " machine to machine"

I would think that repeatability is of paramount importance, and thus, if any such numerical - color equivalency exists, it must be defined from within the app itself.  I am quite amazed that Visio doesn't barf up an error for such entries.  Clearly, there's some interpretive functionality mechanism, but I don't believe that's coded into Visio itself...as witnessed by other Office apps???.  Based upon the observable results, my attempts seem to indicate there may be some rounding/truncation type conversion error going on.  That would be influenced by machine design and capability...CPU type/speed, ditto RAM, pwb layout, thermal manag, or execution race conditions???

Happy hunting!
Visio 2019 Pro