Aviation Electrical Schematics

Started by BT13Guy, December 26, 2021, 10:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BT13Guy

Hello All,

I am a moderate user of Visio when I was in the military as well as a DoD contractor we used it a lot for electronic diagrams for ground control systems for UAS/UAV buildings.

I am now retired and working in civilian aviation and would like to use Visio as I know it, to design some simple wiring diagrams for a WWII aircraft we are restoring.  I have not found any stencils for aviation connectors? (i.e. Amphenol, D-Sub, etc). I simply want to hook up some radios, transponders, maybe the lighting schematics, nothing to crazy.

I have looked at "Rapid-Harness" and we do have a full version of SolidWorks that was issued by the Experimental Aircraft Association, it used to be free, now I am waiting on a new "cloud" subscription to download.....lots of bugs....I am not as familiar with SolidWorks Electrical as I am Visio.

So I am asking the pros here is anyone is using visio for these type applications?

Thank you in advance for any help you may lend us in our endeavors.

Dan

Paul Herber

Amphenol and D-sub greatly post-date WWII. I have some connectors like this in my electronics shapes at
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/visio-electronics/
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

BT13Guy

Paul,

They do very much don't they!   ;)  However what I am doing for our project is wiring up a radio box that comes in and out of the aircraft with Amphenol MIL-Spec plugs that quick disconnect.  We are restoring WWII 1942 Mitsubishi A6M3-32 Zero, and we have the original radio box for display, and a replica radio box that goes in and out of the airplane that has modern avionics installed for flight operations.  So, I am trying to document that schematic for the maintenance manuals as well as a build schematic for the harnesses themselves.

I am just wondering if there are some folks here that are using visio for this application.  I did search and see a few posts aviation related, but not much.  I am looking at your page as well and will probably be purchasing a couple of your stencil packs.

Thank you for the reply.

Dan