Rounded rectangle from Basic shapes stencil, not so basic!

Started by Visisthebest, October 03, 2021, 05:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visisthebest

In developing some group shapes earlier, I have just used the rounded rectangle shape from the basic shapes stencil as a subshape. In some diagrams this shape is used more than 2000+ times as a subshape on a single page.

Now looking at this shape in more detail, I see rather than being a 'basic shape' in the shapesheet this is quite the complicated shape! (see screenshot).

Just using a rectangle created from the home ribbon then setting the rounding size creates a much simpler shape from what I see in the shapesheet.

Does using the complicated basic stencil rounded rectangle shape cost significant performance in diagrams with 1000+ shapes or does it really not matter?
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Visisthebest

Thank you Surrogate I have given the Master -> Shape instance inheritance relationship very little thought so far, but yes this must save memory and hopefully some performance as well.

Currently in code  I am always dropping shapes from a 'regular' stencil and not from the document stencil, but if I drop from the document stencil then I can change that master to update all shape instances on the page at once.
Visio 2021 Professional