How to set the default font for all flowchart shapes?

Started by Jennifer, September 22, 2021, 12:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I haven't done a flowchart since upgrading to Office 365. When I just did, the flowchart shapes all come in with Calibri 10 as the default font. I'd like to change that. I checked several pages, but they all seemed to refer to earlier versions of Visio.

Is there a simple way to do in it 365?

Thanks
Using Visio 2019, part of Office 365 on Windows 10

Surrogate

Hi, Jennifer !
Quote from: Jennifer on September 22, 2021, 12:19:39 AMWhen I just did, the flowchart shapes all come in with Calibri 10 as the default font.
Calibri became default font for MS Office early than realised Office 365
Quote from: M$FT Design Team in article Beyond Calibri: Finding Microsoft's next default fontCalibri has been the default font for all things Microsoft since 2007, when it stepped in to replace Times New Roman across Microsoft Office. It has served us all well, but we believe it's time to evolve. To help us set a new direction, we've commissioned five original, custom fonts to eventually replace Calibri as the default. We're excited to share these brand-new fonts with you today and would love your input. Head over to social and tell us your favorite. And don't worry if the font you love best isn't chosen as the next default; all of them will be available in the font menu, alongside Calibri and your other favorite fonts in your Office apps in Microsoft 365 and beyond.
Before you upgraded to office 365 did you notice this ?
Quote from: Jennifer on September 22, 2021, 12:19:39 AMbut they all seemed to refer to earlier versions of Visio
What do you mean?

Jennifer

As I said, it's been several years since I upgraded and it was several years before that when I did my last flowchart, so I can't be sure what it was like back then, but I think the default font was bigger.

But that's entirely beside the point. I want to know how to change the default font for all of the basic flowchart shapes. It doesn't matter what it was or what it is. I want to be able to set it to whatever I want it to be now.

What I meant by the websites all referred to previous versions is that they said that the instructions applied to Visio 2010 or 2007 or 2013 or whatever.

I couldn't find any instructions for Visio 365 or 2019, which is what Info says I have. I even tried following some of the instructions on the chance that they would work on my version, but the screenshots were completely different.

I just need a step-by-step to change the default fonts. That's all.

Thanks

Surrogate

Quote from: Jennifer on September 22, 2021, 04:35:31 AMWhat I meant by the websites all referred to previous versions is that they said that the instructions applied to Visio 2010 or 2007 or 2013 or whatever.
IMHO instruction for latest versions same as for Visio 2013. All shapes font based on style which named Theme.
You can re-define this style for another font, but you must do it for all exist flowchart. Easiest way use macro for it.

Jennifer

Ok, I found a site that said it would work for Visio 2013. Here's what I did:

• Dragged a decision shape onto page and saw that the font was Calibri 8pt
  • Opened Drawing Explorer and expanded each style to reveal the theme.
  • Right-clicked each Theme and selected Define Styles.
  • Clicked on the Text... option.
  • Noticed that the font is set to Calibri 12 pt.
I tried this with every one of the themes. They are all 12 pt, but that shape is still 8 pt.

Plan B?

Surrogate

Quote from: Jennifer on September 22, 2021, 06:49:21 AM
I tried this with every one of the themes. They are all 12 pt, but that shape is still 8 pt.
Ooops, you are right ! Font size not inherited with style !
Quote from: Jennifer on September 22, 2021, 06:49:21 AMPlan B?
Can you share sample without sensetive information ?

Very old documents which i create 15 years ago have default style Basic. I just re-define this style and all shapes change font type and font size, even font color. When i open another document which created in Visio 2016. After re-define style I also select all shapes and apply style to these shapes.

PS i dont use shapes from build-in stencils, only hand-made master-shapes