Unclickable shape

Started by tepebox, September 08, 2021, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tepebox

Hi,

I use Visio (the O365 version) to manage a chart with many layers. So on the layers there are some shapes. I can move them around, delete them, do whatever I want. Then I switch off all layers (hide them) but still there are 2 shapes I can see, however: I can't click them. No chance. When I enable a layer they are on again I can mark them, move them, delete them, whatever.

I use VBA code to assign the layers and to make them visible or not, but I guess that's not something connected with this...

Any idea what's wrong with my Visio?

Thanks,

Thomas

Surrogate

May be these shapes contain sub-shapes, which not assigned to hidden layers...

tepebox

Quote from: Surrogate on September 08, 2021, 08:19:00 PM
May be these shapes contain sub-shapes, which not assigned to hidden layers...

So what I tried: I used the "change shape" functionality to change the shape... Well, this shape is working fine again, however now a different shape keeps on the canvas and it's not clickable...

Paul Herber

I think you need to attach a diagram so we can have a look.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

OldSchool1948

Have your tried to turn shape protections off at the application level and at the shapesheet level?

wapperdude

@Thomas:  did you resolve this? 
If not, these questions come to mind...
1) is it a file issue or a Visio issue?  As Paul suggested, an upload would be helpful to sort this out.
2) does this happen only in this file?
3) does it happen with all files that use your code?
4) if you have access to another computer, with Visio, does file misbehave on that PC?
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

This happens when shapes are assigned to multiple layers.
Select the shapes you want to repair (or their containing group shapes) and use the "assign multiple layers" dialog. Deassign everything first, apply, then select the desired layer, assign and close the dialog.
Yacine

wapperdude

@Yacine:  ...and there's that. 
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

Quote from: wapperdude on September 16, 2021, 05:30:42 PM
@Yacine:  ...and there's that. 
Yep, too much screws every where. ;)
Yacine