shape data updating

Started by ToninoS, August 25, 2021, 08:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToninoS

Good day all you great visio users :)
Wondering if you could help me out here. I have some Page shape data setup, one of the fields is a list of persons names to be chosen on a drop down and then in another i have a formula to show the persons phone number automatically.   thing is, when i change the persons name i can see in the shape sheet that the value changes for the phone number but it does not update on the drawing shape data window. If i select the formula and just hit enter without changing anything then it does update.

the formula i have in the Value column for the phone number is "   =IF(STRSAME(Prop.Contact_Person,"Eddie",1),"555-5555",IF(STRSAME(Prop.Contact_Person,"Frank",1),"444-444","0"))
I have the Type set to 0 with "No Formula" in the Prompt

Hopefully an easy fix :) Thanks all!

ToninoS

Oh, also in the Format field i have "No Formula" :) cheers all

ToninoS

I am finding as well that if i select the name and then do anything else on my drawing and go back to the shape data then it is updated... not great, is there anyway to force it to update realtime?

Surrogate

ToninoS

Thanks Surrogate for your advice, i will look into that. I had resigned myself to knowing that i would have to update something on the drawing to make it refresh but will look into that as well

Surrogate

ToninoS,

Please read VisioGuy's article Top Twelve Text Tips, chapter 10. Process Lists With LOOKUP and INDEX!