Problem with Page to page field access

Started by geoffg41, August 14, 2021, 01:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surrogate

something like selector ?

Are you sure that each page have shape with ID=1855 (or NameID = Sheet.1855), and that all these Sheet.1855 have cell User.Value ?

Surrogate

May be this example file can help you

geoffg41

Hi Surrogate

What i am trying to do is this

In my main page "Site Supply" I have a number of Substations  each one of these Substations refers to another page in the top left corner there is a Site supply shape with a "total load value" which is the value I need to insert into the associated substation on the main page  there is never anymore than one of these on each page (except for the main Site Supply Page )

1. For example on the main page "Sub 01 2225 Pump Station"  in its shape data  I have a a list of all the pages to select from
when a selection is made I would like that page to be inserted into here "=Pages[2225SUB]!Sheet.1855!User.Value" then I need to insert the shape sheet which will also be shape name  "Initial Supply & Cable.XXXX " and a number at the end which I was hoping that this could be automatically  inserted into here   =Pages[2225SUB]!Sheet.1855!User.Value
hope this makes sense

Is this at all possible

Surrogate

Hi, Geoff!
Quote from: geoffg41 on August 27, 2021, 10:34:01 PM
I need to insert the shape sheet which will also be shape name  "Initial Supply & Cable.XXXX " and a number at the end which I was hoping that this could be automatically  inserted into here   =Pages[2225SUB]!Sheet.1855!User.Value
hope this makes sense
I am sorry, I am Russian and understand what are you need  :-\
I mean words which i selected as green above. You need get value or shapetext from another 2225SUB page and Sheet.1855?
What you mean as End?
Did you try my example from previous message?

geoffg41

Hi Surrogate

Yes  languages are always a  barrier

What I mean is the shape that the value comes from is in the shape name "Initial Supply & Cable "

yes i did but couldn't get it to work how i wanted it to

Surrogate

Geoff, you want rename shape via ShapeSheet?
Sorry, but it is impossible ! But you can do it via VBA or another programm language like as C#, Python, PowerShell

geoffg41

Hi Surrogate

Thanks for your help 

What I would like to do is to reference the shape from another page using its shape name

geoffg41

Hi Surrogate

Thanks again for all your help just letting know that I have worked it out
I ended up putting the shape value on the main page and used your example to get that value where I needed it

Works a treat

thanks again 

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro