Gantt Chart Automation

Started by taser8612, August 05, 2021, 05:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taser8612

I'm working on a VBA solution to build Gantt Charts in Visio from Project and/or Excel. For several reasons, importing data via the ribbon wizards is not a good option.

The problem I'm having with doing this programmatically is with the options menu that must be responded to when the Gantt Chart shape is added to the page.

Does anyone know of a way to disable the options popup or somehow modify it's default settings?

Thanks!

Surrogate

Quote from: taser8612 on August 05, 2021, 05:34:40 PM
Does anyone know of a way to disable the options popup or somehow modify it's default settings?
what you mean ?

taser8612

A screen clip of the options menu is attached.

Ideally I would set all the parameters in a custom version of the master shape but I see no way to bypass the options menu.

Surrogate

I am dont create Ghantt chart before. But i am think that chart contain of some subshapes and so on. In this window you must define how many subshapes will contain chart.
IMHO you cant create chart without this popup window.

PS may be you can emulate press keys via sendkey method in VBA. But even it is possible, it must be very painfully!

taser8612

Thanks for the reply Surrogate.

Yes, the Gantt shape definitely has some things going on behind the scenes. Using sendkeys might be doable but as you say, would be way too painful.