Data bars are being displayed wrongly after data set update

Started by Lolo1313, July 26, 2021, 03:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lolo1313

Hello,

I will try to describe my issue as well as possible (I'm a forum newbie). Since "well" is relative, I'm open for any constructive criticism.

Visio Version:
- Visio 2016 MSO
- Language: German

What I'm trying to build:
I want to display data from an Excel sheet by using Visio. To do so, I have imported the data in Visio and have created stencils for different data sets. The stencils have been set up to contain the needed data and to display them by using advanced data graphics. Each advanced data graphic is used for one and only one master stencil.
After linking the data to the corresponding stencil manually (a certain master stencil for the corresponding data set), all the shapes and their respective data seem to be displayed in the correct way (see picture "BeforeUpdating.jpg").

The issue(s):
The values of the excel sheet are meant to change. After updating the data, most of it is displayed correctly... except for the data bars (see picture "AfterUpdating.jpg")
After digging the problem, I have observed the following facts:

- The data value is correct, only the display is off
- When a specific shape (with the wrongly displayed data) is deleted and newly linked with the master stencil, the data layout is displayed properly.
- The data bar max. value changes after the update. This value is initially set to 1 for every data graphic.
- The data bars on the left of the rectangle are set the same way as the ones on the right (in the AdvancedDataGraphics), but the ones on the right get put above one another after updating the data.

I must be doing something wrong and would greatly appreciate any kind of support.
Thank you in Advance!

wapperdude

Please upload a sample file so we can understand what you're doing.
Visio 2019 Pro