Adding comment (note, callout) to a shape in an elegant and easy way - how?

Started by ogassav, July 13, 2021, 04:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ogassav

Hi guys,

my first question on this forum - will highly appreciate your help.
I have a shape, to which I want to add 2 independent text comments (call them notes, callouts - whatever that provides additional info).

Here is the screenshot of the construction I mean:

What I need is that when I click the (i) icon (shape in fact) the comment (note, callout) with some info pops up. When I click the exclamation point icon another comment pops up.

So 2 different comments appearing on mouse click (or hover - that will work too!) on the specific shape.

Can this be done without any complicated coding? This diagram is supposed as demo on PC, so no big deal if these comments (notes, etc.) won't be printable.

Just in case - I attached the Visio file with those forms to this post.

Thank you!

Surrogate

you need something like this ?

ogassav

@Surrogate, yes, right!  :) Ideally - without necessity to right-click and choose menu item, but if it overcomplicates the solution - yours will be just fine! How can this be done please?
Thank you!

Surrogate

Sorry, I am Russian. I cant write long description today :(
In my solution only ShapeSheet magic !
Quote from: ogassav on July 13, 2021, 05:21:14 PMwithout necessity to right-click and choose menu item
I change right click for double-click. Just double-click on these icons for change visibility of comment. And double-click on center of shape for hide both.

Yacine

Quote from: Surrogate on July 13, 2021, 05:30:01 PM

Завтра вы тоже будете русским.
Шучу! ;)
Попробуйте сайт deepl.com.
Онлайн-переводчик с искусственным интеллектом. Очень хорошо.
Yacine

ogassav

Quote from: Surrogate on July 13, 2021, 05:30:01 PM

Tired after playing balalaika with your bear. Been there, know that - I'm Russian myself.  ;D
Sent you a private message. Your solution works like a charm, thank you!

Surrogate

Quote from: ogassav on July 14, 2021, 06:53:30 PMBeen there, know that - I'm Russian myself.  ;D
Great news !
I am sorry for delay ! I played with my daughters: the Kalashnikov submachine gun and the little nuclear bomb are our favorite toys.
That's it, I'm finally free! And prepare this video especially for you.
My English speech is ugly, but I hope that you can understand my steps.

ogassav

Thank you dude, it's clear now - appreciate your help!  ;)
It is not very simple for me as a Visio beginner, but your step-by-step guide is very detailed and helpful.