Odd shapes from stencils

Started by ssimlai, July 05, 2021, 05:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssimlai

Hi

I have been using a subscription based Visio and my current version is 2019. I am having a peculiar issue with 2019 shapes while dragging-dropping them on to the page. But when i do the same with the 2013 shapes (they also come packaged with 2019!!), the shapes are alright.

The attachment will better explain the problem. I do hope someone who has faced the issue has been able to solve it, and I would be happy if the solution could be shared.

With regards
Sumit Simlai
Electrical & Electronics Engineer

Surrogate

Not sure that i understand your problem.
Shapes from newest stencil have jumbo lineweights?
Just use stencil from 2013 !  ;D

Surrogate

Open these stencils at my notebook.
Quote from: John Marshall aka JohnVisioMVP blog post Editing a Visio EE masterThe EE shapes are a Visio creator's dream. They are simple lines, circles and curves and with some simple shapesheet magic, can easily transform into very functional shapes.
In 2016, they had an update, but unfortunately some of the shapes used extremely heavy lines, not the standard weight used in the standard and is distracting. Not all the shapes have Shape Data.

If you want use Stencils from 2019, you must.
1. Open each stencil which contain "2019" in name (at my side i have 4 stencils)
2. Open each master-shape there (each can contain dozens master-shapes)
3. In each sub-shape you need open ShapeSheet and change lineweight.
You can't do it via user interface (there is hundreds sub-shapes).

PS May be you can find something at Paul Herber's web-site

ssimlai

Thanks a ton for the tip.

However, I must admit that I have already tried doing what you advised. Despite editing the line weights in the Shape stencil, and saving it, the very next time I drag the stencil on to the page, no change...same distorted fat shapes.
Sumit Simlai

Surrogate

Quote from: ssimlai on July 07, 2021, 05:53:54 AM
next time I drag the stencil on to the page, no change...same distorted fat shapes.
1. You make changes in document stencil (which contain local copy of master-shape) or in external vss(x) file ?
2. You drop master-shape from which sourse: modified or other ?

ssimlai

Quote from: Surrogate on July 07, 2021, 07:17:57 AM
Quote from: ssimlai on July 07, 2021, 05:53:54 AM
next time I drag the stencil on to the page, no change...same distorted fat shapes.
1. You make changes in document stencil (which contain local copy of master-shape) or in external vss(x) file ?
2. You drop master-shape from which sourse: modified or other ?

Thanks a lot yet again for your questions. My answers as follows:

1. In the Shapes pane on the left, I right-click and select Edit Stencil. Then I right-click on the icon I want to edit, select Edit Master -> Edit Master Shape. This takes me to a new page with just the shape to edit. Once I finish, I close the window after saving. I assume (perhaps erroneously) that the original source is thus replaced with the edited version.

2. Yes, I drag and drop master shape from the edited stencil shape.

With regards
Sumit
Sumit Simlai

Surrogate

Quote from: ssimlai on July 08, 2021, 04:40:25 AM
2. Yes, I drag and drop master shape from the edited stencil shape.
Please try check in Document Stencil: you can find there single master-shape <MasterName>, or also there is another master-shape's copy <MasterName>.<SomeNumber> ?