How I get the Max value of X and Y with a variable Geometry vertices?

Started by Gustavo, May 31, 2021, 10:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gustavo

Hi all.

I have a master shape with a main shape with 2 sub-shapes. Sub-shapes have a geometry section, and the main shape has not.
Sub-shape 2 has a fixed width & height and position relative to subshape 1, and subshape 1 has a geometry which will be editable by the user in width&height and in number and position of geometry's vertex.
I want to obtain the max value of a subshape1 geometry.X and geometry.Y vertex, in order to have the main shape width and height value updated when the user change subshape 1 geometry in vertices number and values. I know it can be done by function

Width = MAX(Subshape1!Geometry1.X1,Subshape1!Geometry1.X2,Subshape1!Geometry1.X..n)

But I don't know how to get the vertice's number, if it will be variable. Id like to do it with shapesheet only, if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Surrogate

Quote from: Gustavo on May 31, 2021, 10:46:02 PM
But I don't know how to get the vertice's number, if it will be variable.
You can use SEGMENTCOUNT function and get how many segments contain your shape.
Quanity of vertex = Quanity of segments + 1

wapperdude

After you have max values, then do catenated if statements to find the matching x- & y- values.  For example, if(geo1.x1=maxX, geo1.x1,if(geo1.x2=maxX, geo1.x2, if(........))))....))))

The problem is how many variables to put into both the Max() and if() statements.

Note, instead of long if statement, you could add a bunch of rows in, e.g., User section.  To wit,
User.r1:  if(geo1.x1=maxX, geo1.x1, User.r2
User.r2:  if(geo1.x2=maxX, geo1.x2, User.r3
Etc

Or something like that.  The idea is that a successful evaluation gives the identity of the point, and unsuccessful evaluation keeps going until a match is found.
Visio 2019 Pro