Why do the connectors look misaligned when I zoom out?

Started by firius2010, May 12, 2021, 03:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firius2010

Hello everyone, I hope you are well.
The problem I have is that when I zoom out of my drawing in visio some connectors look misaligned, but when I zoom in I see that they are straight.
Do you know any way to fix that problem? I clarify, when I export or copy and paste the diagram elsewhere, it looks good, I just dislike that it looks bad when I zoom out.

Surrogate

Surrogate

Dont worry it is only visual effect!
Please check, can you reproduce this issue after save in old-school vsd format?

firius2010

The problem persists in this format, I understand that it is only a visual problem, it is just annoying. Does it happen to you too?

Paul Herber

Also try:
ribbon File -> Options -> Advanced -> Display
tick Turn off hardware graphics acceleration
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

firius2010

Quote from: Paul Herber on May 12, 2021, 05:06:37 PM
Also try:
ribbon File -> Options -> Advanced -> Display
tick Turn off hardware graphics acceleration

Thank you very much for your recommendation, I tried but the problem persists.

Nikolay

I believe this may be a language problem.
In English locale you don't get 168% and 1020% or something, you get 170% and 1000%, and it looks fine.
What locale do you have on your system? I have seen this "odd" percentage many times already, probably started somewhere around 2013

firius2010

Quote from: Nikolay on May 12, 2021, 07:28:21 PM
I believe this may be a language problem.
In English locale you don't get 168% and 1020% or something, you get 170% and 1000%, and it looks fine.
What locale do you have on your system? I have seen this "odd" percentage many times already, probably started somewhere around 2013
I tried to change the language and it doesn't seem to affect the zoom I can do or the problem I mention

Surrogate

Quote from: firius2010 on May 12, 2021, 04:31:06 PMDoes it happen to you too?
Yes, i also use visio 2019 professional and i get this issue too!

Visisthebest

I ran in to this issue, and was able to solve it this way in Visio 2019 (I assume it will work in other versions as well):

1. If you have a line in a 2D shape, add connection points at each of the ends of the line (if not already there).
(the connectors must be perfectly centered on the line's width)
2. Remove the line
3. Glue a connector with the exact width you need between the two connection points that are end the ends where your original line was.

(you can lock the glue in place so this connector cannot be removed)

You will see that the (other) connector now lines up perfectly with your new line (which is now also a connector) regardless of zoom level.

From what I gather from this problem, it is because regular lines you draw and connectors are rendered differently, which shows up at some zoom levels, even if they line up perfectly (either perfectly horizontal or vertical lines) and are of the exact width.

I agree it is a super-annoying issue but the above does solve it with a workaround.

Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Quote from: Visisthebest on May 13, 2021, 11:35:24 AMI agree it is a super-annoying issue but the above does solve it with a workaround.
I am dont agree ! IMHO this workaround is more annoying then this visual effect  ;D

Visisthebest

Yes it is not a pretty workaround but unfortunately it is the only solution to the problem I found so far.
Visio 2021 Professional

wapperdude

I may be incorrectly remembering, but I thought I've seen this in older versions of Visio, too.  It's definitely in V2019.  It is a function of zoom level.  It does not show up on hard copies, and, as I recall, when saved as per or some other non-Visio format.

Visio 2019 Pro

Visisthebest

Really unfortunate this hasn't been fixed it looks really ugly, maybe there's a better solution published somewhere on the Microsoft website but if so they hid it really well ;)
Visio 2021 Professional