Are you using an old or non "professional" version of Visio?

Started by miless2111s, May 11, 2021, 04:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am considering using Data Linking in a future update of SummaryPro and would love to know what % of people are using older or non "professional" versions of Visio.  Are you using an old (pre 2007) version of Visio or a non Professional version

Earlier than Visio 2007
1 (11.1%)
Non professional version of Visio
0 (0%)
Professional Visio 2007 or later
6 (66.7%)
Always the latest professional version
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: May 21, 2021, 04:23:38 PM

miless2111s

Thanks for your help on this, I want to understand if I need to keep two version running in parallel to cater for people who don't have professional versions of Visio or if we all go for the Professional version :)

For the purposes of this question if you have many versions please answer for the latest (professional) version - I am aware that some of us have many copies available for bug fixing etc.

Thanks

Miles

Paul Herber

I have made this a sticky topic for a while to help users to see it.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

miless2111s

Surrogate

I' an not sure that you can get so many answers for this poll, may be dozen or two dozens...

Paul Herber

Here are some figures from my sales that might help. I ask buyers which version of Visio is in use (but not Standard or Pro, just the year). These figures are 'adjusted' but show the correct proportions.

2003  132
2007  168
2010  324
2013  612
2016  1536
2019  1908
Plan1  6
Plan2  162

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Surrogate

Quote from: Paul Herber on May 14, 2021, 08:05:33 AMI ask buyers
Wow, very quick responce!  ;D
I am wondered
Quote from: wapperdude on May 12, 2021, 02:59:14 PMAs time progresses, the customer base using older versions dwindles...slowly.  I think the average Visio user tends to cling to their version, for better or worse, until some circumstance moves them to a newer version.
I agree with Wapperdude's opinion

Visisthebest

For your purpose I answered "Always the latest professional version" but the real answer not in the list is of course the Last stable version with optimal performance.

I think in Plan 2 you can revert to an earlier version if the latest is not stable and/or has poor performance.

Visio 2019/the current Plan 2 desktop version has good performance and stability for my purposes, although performance can still be improved of course.
Visio 2021 Professional

markem

I use 2003 ONLY most of the time but I do also have the 2007 version which I use every now and then.

OldDogNewVisio

Thanks for the quetion.

I have Visio "Standard" 2016.  Since I work in the corporate environment, it will be very difficult for me to "upgrade" because of the costs involved.

Thanks,
ODNV
I may be an Old Dog, but I'm willing to learn new tricks!!

SF Dan

I've been using Visio for 25+ years.  Just bought Text On  A Circle and it does not work.  How do I get tech support?

wapperdude

Where did you buy it?  There's only 1 site that handles that. 
Visio 2019 Pro