Can't unhide page after hiding it

Started by SixSigmaGuy, April 22, 2021, 06:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixSigmaGuy

This functionality seems to have changed in Visio 2019.  I changed the UIVisibility property on a Visio Page's ShapeSheet to 1 (Hidden) and closed the shapesheet.  Now I want to unhide that page.  I used to go to the Drawing Explorer, find the hidden window, view its shapesheet and change the property back to 0.  But the Drawing Explorer no longer shows hidden pages.  I can't find anyway to get back to the shapesheet so I can change the property back to 0.  Anyone know a way to do this in Visio 2019?

Paul Herber

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

SixSigmaGuy

Thanks.  I ended up writing some VBA code that walked through all the pages and unhid them all.  I then created a property in the shapesheet for each page that would keep track of which pages should normally be hidden.  Finally, I wrote some more code that walked through the pages again and hid all the ones with that property set.  It works great.  I'm still curious how someone would do it if they didn't program.  I could easily see some poor unsuspecting visio designer, hiding some pages for a presentation, or something, and then later discovering they couldn't get them back.  I was pretty bummed to learn that I can't add macros to the quick launch bar or to ribbon. :-(

Surrogate

You can navigate between pages with key combinations Ctrl and PageDown/PageUp
1. For example activate page which situated before hidden
2. Press keys Ctrl+PageDown
3. Open Page's shapesheet
4. Change value in cell UIVisibility to 0
UIVisibility=0

If active page have UIVisibility=0 its name highlighted with blue color, if active page have UIVisibility=1 you cant see none pages with highlighted name!!!
Quote from: SixSigmaGuy on April 23, 2021, 06:06:36 AM
I was pretty bummed to learn that I can't add macros to the quick launch bar or to ribbon. :-(
you can create xml file for ribbon and load it as Activedocument.CustomUI

Surrogate