Connect to shapes in an electric plan

Started by topcaser, March 17, 2021, 06:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topcaser

Hy,
I used some wall plug shapes and want to draw a connection between them. The standard connection does not work: I select the connection tool, click on the first plug, the second plug, but no connection is drawn. Is there a trick to do this?

Surrogate

Quote from: topcaser on March 17, 2021, 06:51:03 AM
I select the connection tool, click on the first plug, the second plug, but no connection is drawn. Is there a trick to do this?
in visio you need connect one side of connector to one plug and after this step pull other side to second plug

wapperdude

To expand upon Surrogate's reply, every shape can have from none to multiple explicit connection points.  Choosing the connector tool, merely tells Visio what your planning to do.  You have to manually draw from one shape to the next.
Visio 2019 Pro

topcaser

Thanks. I got it.

Is it possible to draw a line manually as well?

Surrogate

Quote from: topcaser on March 17, 2021, 06:41:33 PMIs it possible to draw a line manually as well?
you can connect of course, but if these plug-shape can have few connection points.

wapperdude

You can add connection pts if desired.  You can also control gluing.  Connectors will re-route if you move shapes around.  Difficult to control.  There's also more built-in reporting features than lines.  That might be more useful for generating reports.
Visio 2019 Pro

Surrogate

Quote from: wapperdude on March 17, 2021, 08:29:27 PM
Connectors will re-route if you move shapes around.  Difficult to control.
few years ago i have real pain with it: short video