PDF of Visio drawing opens in Visio

Started by paddington1881, February 02, 2021, 11:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddington1881

Hi
I don't know if this is a pdf issue or a Visio issue, so I'm trying this avenue first - I'd really appreciate any help or opinion.

I created a CV in Visio (Pro 2016) and printed to pdf using the built-in Microsoft Print to PDF program.  My pdf looked fine and opens in Adobe Acrobat DC for me, on my Windows PC and an ipad.  However, I received feedback from a recruiter that my pdf opened for them in Visio. Although I hope it was their issue, its hard to believe its a coincidence that the other party would have a setting to open a pdf with Visio. 
Is it likely that, somehow, the pdf knows it was created in Visio and is trying to use that program to open it, for anyone but me?  When I look at the pdf properties it shows the filename I gave the pdf but also "Visio - [and the original Visio filename]". 

I'm stumped and would love to know what I may have done wrong, so I don't repeat the embarrassment with another recruiter.
Thanks for any pointers you might be able to give me.
Charlie

Paul Herber

It could be that the recipient has file extensions hidden and if the file name was mycv.vsdx.pdf then the .pdf would have been hidden leaving only mycv.vsdx
Seeing that extension the recipient may have tried opening it in Visio.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

paddington1881

Thank you Paul. I hadn't thought of that.