Protecting a straight connector from user 'destraightening'-by-dragging

Started by Visisthebest, January 26, 2021, 11:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visisthebest

Visio's shape protection and behavior options in the Dev ribbon are very useful, but there is one option I cannot find.

See attached screenshot.

I have a diagram where I only want to use straight connectors.

I don't mind the option users have in the context menu to change connector styles (right-angle/straight/curved) but I do want to prevent them from 'destraightening' a connector accidentally when working with the diagram, for instance because of an accidental drag.

If a straight connector is glued to two shapes, the midpoint handle suddenly is not for dragging the connector to another position but creates a square 'bump' in the straight connector (see screenshot). The connector then shows even more handles.

Is it possible to turn this behavior off on a connector?

The obvious solution seemed to be to turn off show shape handles/show control handles, but that doesn't seem to work on 1D connectors.

Thank you for your help and advice!
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Try set 1 to cell LockVtxEdit, after this step you cant see handles.

Visisthebest

Thank you Surrogate this works well!

One thing I wondered about: when I drop a connector with the Connector button (CTRL-3) I see in the protection section that 'height' is set as protected (the only item set as protected). I wonder why?
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Quote from: Visisthebest on January 26, 2021, 02:09:34 PM
One thing I wondered about: when I drop a connector with the Connector button (CTRL-3) I see in the protection section that 'height' is set as protected (the only item set as protected).
But you can change position of begin/end point of connector, after this connectors height changed too :)

Visisthebest

Yes for sure, but this option is on by default. Does it only affect 2D shapes, oversight in Visio 2019?
Visio 2021 Professional