Altering Connector

Started by saratogacoach, January 22, 2021, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saratogacoach

Found this connector line in one of the extra stencils.

Could use it if I can completely remove the single perpendicular line descending down from the horizontal center line. Have tried to select, then delete it, with no success. Not sure if there is a way to delete it using the shapesheet?

I am attaching the VSDX file hoping someone can suggest a way to delete that single downward line.

Thank you for your help.

saratogacoach

Paul Herber

Fixed
In the shapesheet, look at the several Geometry sections. This line is section Geometry 1. I made that section to not show.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

saratogacoach

Thank you, Paul.

I was close, having tried several setting changes, but see that you have turned off more than I had considered.

Will add GUARD to the angle, since need this connector to not change angle when moved between 2 shapes (male-square, female-circle).

Next task is to try to add a -135 deg line across the center (indicates marital "separation" in a genogram) or double -135 deg lines, same location (indicates marital divorce in a genogram). This requires grouping to customize as described, which so far has eluded my ability to maintain connection points (so these 2 lines-separation or divorce-can also be used to connect between 2 (male square symbol and female circle symbol) shapes. Challenging for me.  Will keep trying. :)

Again, thank you very much for your help.
saratogacoach