Visio 2002® Developer's Survival Pack

Started by Visisthebest, January 21, 2021, 07:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visisthebest

I ordered a copy of the Visio 2002® Developer's Survival Pack because I got a really good deal on it.

Am I missing a lot compared to the 2003 edition?

Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

If you compare table of contents of 2003 and 2002, you can find that newest book have more pages.
39 chapters vs 31 chapters.

Visisthebest

Yes but the book is organized differently, so I wonder what was added.

No doubt some of the long time Visio users have this book, so interesting to know if they see major diferences.

I see a chapter on animations in the 2003 that is not in 2002.
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

I have only book about Visio 2003, and cant compare with previous edition.
PS I find preview of VISIO 2002 BOOK

Visisthebest

Getting the 2002 edition this week no doubt already very helpful. Incredible that nothing of similar 'quality AND breadth AND depth' for developers has appeared since 2003. Certainly some great books (thank you David Parker!) but not of the same breadth and depth.
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Quote from: Visisthebest on January 25, 2021, 10:22:04 AM
Getting the 2002 edition this week no doubt already very helpful. Incredible that nothing of similar 'quality AND breadth AND depth' for developers has appeared since 2003. Certainly some great books (thank you David Parker!) but not of the same breadth and depth.
You are right only David Parker wrote books for Visio developers, since 2003.

PS: Microsoft Visio 2010 Developer Training
In this post you can find embedded documents from this archive.

Visisthebest

Yes sorry Surrogate many great books appeared just wanted to say especially happy with Mastering Data Visualization with Visio 2016 that's all.

I would hope someone makes a Visio 2019 book with the breadth and depth of the 2002 and 2003 Developer's Survival Pack, it is something that is really missing in the Visio library.

Thank you for the tip and link much appreciated!
Visio 2021 Professional

Visisthebest

Amazing Visio 2010 development book (wasn't aware of this one!) thank you Surrogate!
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Quote from: Visisthebest on January 25, 2021, 12:07:19 PMI would hope someone makes a Visio 2019 book with the breadth and depth of the 2002 and 2003 Developer's Survival Pack
I would like to see such books in the future. But I doubt that someone will write them :(
MC aims to develop the cloud version.

PS
They were even too lazy to write SDK for Visio 2019

Visisthebest

Yes unfortunately, when will Microsoft realize Visio desktop is still years ahead but Visio web is years behind the competition. They won't win the web competition also because their competition is less expensive or even free. They shine on the desktop, I think Visio 2019 is an amazingly flexible product! The developer/VBA features are essential is this regard.
Visio 2021 Professional

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

Visisthebest

Visio 2021 Professional