Genogram Line-grag handles don't work

Started by saratogacoach, January 20, 2021, 08:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saratogacoach

The attached VSDX file has a genogram line which doesn't work: when the grab handle is used, only one of the 2 elements stretch. The zigzag element doesn't stretch, along with the other line, as it should.

I must be doing something wrong, but when I check in the shapesheet and in various settings, I can't find the error preventing stretching of all elements.

I would much appreciate if someone can take a look at the attached file, let me know what I need to fix.

Thank you for your help.
saratogacoach

vojo

only the line you select stretches.

if you have a blank space , it might be a visio bug where the engine interrupts a blank as end of the pattern

saratogacoach

vojo,

Where would I search for a blank space? shapesheet? Somewhere else?
saratogacoach

Paul Herber

Your shape is a group, but the sub-shapes within the group have absolute values in the Geometry section instead of references to the group shape.
The attached image shows this.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

saratogacoach

Thank you, Paul.

Quoteinstead of references to the group shape

Is there a way to refer to the parent group shape to get this working better? When I set the resize mode of the child shape to 2, for example, still doesn't get the zigzag element  to resize along with the parent group (grab handles). Is there a way to not hard-code the child width and height, let it depend on the parent's width and height?

An example would be helpful of the form/syntax that such a reference would need to look like.

saratogacoach