Main Menu

Custom Theme

Started by PiP, January 13, 2021, 03:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiP

Hello,

I am attempting to tidy up / make complete a first attempt at setting a custom theme for visio.  I believe that attempt started with Whisp (Wisp), and then applied custom colours via the UI.

A few questions a night of reading forums has not fixed:
How do I (programmatically?) also set theme values such as legacy theme items FillColor, FillColor2?
How do I (programmatically?) change the listed / associated quickstyles: 100, 101, 102, are ok, but 103 appears to be some arbitrary palette item (Refined Variant 4)
The 'tool tips' associated with hovering the mouse of the quickstyle icons is wrong - possibly an artefact of the original whisp theme - can they be corrected?

Screenshot attached - was attempting to show the tooltip issue but that has not come through with the grab.

Thanks,

PiP

Surrogate

I dont use themes, most part of my diagrams are black-white :)

Did you read David J Parker article ?
https://bvisual.net/2016/08/01/understanding-visio-20132016-themes/

PiP

Yes I did thanks Surrogate, and it is where I lifted the shapes that formed the screen shot in the original post. 

I'll take a closer look at the other links, but my first scan of them doesn't help address the items I'm looking to fix unless I overlooked something.

Surrogate

2 years ago was same question in answers.microsoft.com forum there you can find hyperlinks collection! May be it can help

PiP

Thanks again Surrogate - yes, have looked into all the links provided in that post, but still don't have an answer that I am looking for - you are correct though, the original post in that forum is pretty much asking the same question (in a more general sense).

Specifically for me I have masters / shapes that use the following shapesheet formulas:

=THEMEGUARD(THEMEVAL("FillColor"))

and

=THEMEGUARD(THEMEVAL("FillColor2"))

I know I can just change the shapesheet entry to something else, but I am keen to understand how do I define the RGB for FillColor, FillColor2 (appreciating that they are possibly deprecated theme features)?

Regards,

PiP

Surrogate

Quote from: PiP on January 13, 2021, 11:22:42 PMI know I can just change the shapesheet entry to something else, but I am keen to understand how do I define the RGB for FillColor, FillColor2 (appreciating that they are possibly deprecated theme features)?
Try change cell view option in Design tab at ribbon to Value

Quote from: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/visio-blogs-archive/shapesheet-formula-autocomplete-other-improvements/ba-p/237571ShapeSheet Contextual Tab
Apart from ShapeSheet Formula AutoComplete, the ShapeSheet has gotten a facelift thanks to the Fluent UI – all ShapeSheet related commands are now in one place. Take a look at the ShapeSheet contextual tab below.

Button
Functionality
FormulasToggle the "formula" view of the ShapeSheet – all cell formulas are shown.
ValuesToggle the "value" view of the ShapeSheet – all cell results are shown.

PiP

That is not really what I am trying to achieve thanks Surrogate.  What I am looking for is the UI access to (if it exists, I suspect not), or a vb code snippen that allows me to set the Fillcolor, fillcolor2 theme properties, i.e. in pseudocode something like

Theme.setThemeColor("FillColor").RGB = RGB(x,y,z)

Any ideas around that?

Surrogate

Quote from: PiP on January 15, 2021, 12:00:22 AM
Any ideas around that?
I think information about which themes used in document must stored in xml format.
Just open vsdx-file with 7-zip application

In this archive you can find forlder named theme, it contain xml files which describe each
theme which apply in this document.
But i haven't idea how extract info from these xml-files  :(

UPDATED
example

PiP

Thanks Surrogate - will have a look and see if I can discern anything useful and report back.

PiP