Putting CALLTHIS subs in the shape context menu on a keyboard shortcut

Started by Visisthebest, January 10, 2021, 12:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visisthebest

I am very fond of using CALLTHIS to add functionalities in the right-click menu of a shape (with the underlying code in the stencil).

Is it possible to add keyboard shortcuts to these, so that if a user selects a shape those keyboard shortcuts will activate the specific CALLTHIS call?

Thank you for your help and advice!
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Sub-routine which call via CALLTHIS must have parameters

from Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack (by Graham Wideman)

Visisthebest

Thank you surrogate I've been using CallThis for a long time (I didn't realize that CALLTHIS doesn't have the VBA reference issues, it just works so forgot about it).

The question is, can I tie the menu item on the shape using CALLTHIS to a keyboard shortcut key (so the user can activate it with a keyboard shortcut)?

Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

Quote from: Visisthebest on January 10, 2021, 01:57:39 PMThe question is, can I tie the menu item on the shape using CALLTHIS to a keyboard shortcut key (so the user can activate it with a keyboard shortcut)?
Oh, I'm sorry! I'm russian and I didn't understand your question :(
Not sure that we can use keyboard shortcuts from external stencil. Sometime i create master-shapes with context menu, this menu can call sub-routines from vss-file and have shortcut in context menu.

I call macro when press menu key on keyboard (≣ Menu) and "q"

Visisthebest

Thank you surrogate this is also a useful solution to use the context menu faster via the keyboard! I don't have the menu key on this particular keyboard but I can no doubt assign it to a key and use it.
Visio 2021 Professional

Surrogate

You can use Shift+F10 instead Menu Key

7 years we have there same thread....

Visisthebest

Visio 2021 Professional

Visisthebest

Visio 2021 Professional