Is this the only way from the shapesheet to call code in a VSTO add-in?

Started by Visisthebest, December 08, 2020, 07:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visisthebest

Searching through the forum I found this:

Quote from: RhesusMinus on December 06, 2010, 07:54:32 PM

COM Add-ins
Cannot be called from the ShapeSheet. However, can monitor for and respond to marker events raised by the QueueMarkerEvent add-on or QueueMarker ShapeSheet function in response to user actions (such as the evaluation of a ShapeSheet cell formula).

So.. now I only have to figure out how to make my add-in check for this QueueMarkerEvent :)

Tips?

THL

Is this the only way from the shapesheet to call code in a VSTO add-in? (of course indirectly via VBA is possible, but I need to provide a macro-free solution)
Visio 2021 Professional

Nikolay

Quote from: Visisthebest on December 08, 2020, 07:27:08 PM
Is this the only way from the shapesheet to call code in a VSTO add-in? (of course indirectly via VBA is possible, but I need to provide a macro-free solution)

Yes.

Visisthebest

Thank you Nikolay see my other post I was looking for some good example code of how to handle marker events in an add-in, but unfortunately the Visio 2016 SDK examples are outdated and for VS2010/2012 getting errors importing the SDK example solutions in to VS2017. (the TreeView example)
Visio 2021 Professional

Nikolay

Done, please check the other topic :)

Please note that you can always opt for my starter project as well, if you need somewhat more complex solution than the stock one:
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=NikolayBelyh.ExtendedVisioAddinProject2017