Can I put text boxes in a background page that will not show up in the regular

Started by Jennifer, October 26, 2020, 06:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I have a somewhat complicated background that I want to put on a background page so it will be on each page based on that background.

Is there a way that I can put some instructions on the background page that will be visible on the regular page, but will not included in the printout or when it is saved as a jpg.
Using Visio 2019, part of Office 365 on Windows 10

vojo

background pages have all same rights and privledges as foreground pages.
Can even have several background pages and pick and choose as needed
(eventually, you could even write some vba to automate which background page to use)

Jennifer

Quote from: vojo on October 26, 2020, 05:26:33 PM
background pages have all same rights and privledges as foreground pages.
Can even have several background pages and pick and choose as needed
(eventually, you could even write some vba to automate which background page to use)

OK, but how do I make a shape non-printing? It seems to me that in Visio 2007, I used to be able to right-click the shape and select "properties" or something like that. One of the options was not printing. How do I do that in 2019?

Thanks

Jennifer

I set up a background page with 9-10 objects that I want on every page based on that background. I then created a foreground page based on that background. The background objects show up. Great. Now I add some objects to the foreground page and save it as a jpg. Only the foreground objects appear -- none of the background objects.

What am I doing wrong?

OldSchool1948

This might work.  Put all of your objects on one or more layers. Then set visLayerVisible = 1 and visLayerPrint = 1 as appropriate to show/hide and/or print/not print objects.