Zoom limited to 1341%, oh, and comms rack shape :)

Started by ToninoS, September 18, 2020, 10:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToninoS

Good day everyone :)   hope you are all well heading into the weekend!   does anyone know if it is possible to get more zoom out of visio? sometimes i could use just a tad more but cannot get any closer than 1341% There are a few times where it would just be so much easier to make sure i am connecting lines where i want them to be when falling outside of normal snap zones.    On a side note does anyone know of any comms rack shapes that i can use which are have the ability to be dropped in at a 15th scale on a 1:1 sheet? I definately do not want to start changing my sheets scale as that becomes a pain when using existing drawings and having the existing content resize... i find for what i do that equipment draw at 1:15 scale are just right to be clear... Thank you all in advance! take care!

ToninoS

Hey... i found one answer... i used the Cabinet shape that comes up when using the shapes search bar, went into the shapesheet and found that the first few entries were based on some dimension reference * DropOnPageScale. Then i found the DropOnPageScale entry and changed it from 5% to 6.6675 which is what I think i need it to be for my 1:15 scale :)    that was easy.

Paul Herber

1341% Luxury!
On my Visio 2016 using the - ......+ scale I can only get up to 397% on a drawing. However, if I click on the %age box and enter a value of 1000 then I can get 400% Woo! But if I enter 2000 then I get 1984% and at the maximum allowed of 2914 I get 2910%.
On my Visio 2010 I can get a maximum of 400%.
How any of this got passed by any UI testing I have no idea!
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Visio Guy

Hi Guys, I just scanned the thread, but one thing about zoom: you seem to get more when the page is smaller.

Example:

I can zoom an unscaled A4 page to 2293%.

I then reduce the dimensions of the page by half. If I Ctrl + Mouse-wheel zoom, it stops at 2987%. However, I can Ctrl + Shift + Left-mouse-drag-a-rectangle and zoom in even more, to 4480%.

I can make a grouped shape that is 2in square (5.08cm), right-click > group > open group. In the group window, I can zoom to 13227%! Again, mouse-wheel zooming stops at 2987%, but the zoom-to-rectangle goes even higher.

So it looks like there are several ways to zoom that don't respect the same limits, and it also seems that the limit is influenced by the page or group size.

So if you need to work on some fine details, copy to a page and make the page smaller (fit to drawing, for example).
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

ToninoS

Hi Both, cheers for taking the time to answer :)     I just adjusted the page size down to 5mm x 5mm and it states that i am getting 2999% but... I dont think it really is, maybe it has to do with the monitor resolution as well? I am on a 4k monitor. but that said it does give me a little bit more to get closer on connectors so the advice does help :) Im not sure either how this got past testing and curious as to if it is a slip or something technical which made the desission.  Well ok, on to the next one... trying to find out how i can change text possition with user list choice so that i can have a Rack/Left/Right/Bottom as choices with text repositioning.  take care