How to layer without changing size of containers

Started by verifiablycurious, February 16, 2021, 06:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verifiablycurious

I'm looking to create a comparison by layering (many) containers over each other in a Visio diagram that I've inherited. When I copy the area over that is to be the top layer, it expands the size of the container to incorporate the top layer. How do I stop the diagram from resizing the container?

Also, is there a better way to do this? The diagram will ultimately be put into a PowerPoint presentation by someone else.

Details: I have an original Visio diagram (group A) which I've used to compare the same functionality in another Visio diagram (group B). Now I want to overlay the original (group A) based on some logic comparing the two. But I essentially just need to figure out how to put Group C over Group A.

Paul Herber

Open the shapesheet editor for the container, in the User-defined Cells section find cell msvSDContainerResize and set the value to 0 (or false).
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

verifiablycurious

Thank you! It took a few tries before the User-defined field section appeared. It was marked as one of the fields to display so not sure why that was happening.