Controls X, Y Dynamics

Started by MatLcq, October 12, 2020, 10:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatLcq

Hello,

Can someone explain to me what this controls' shapesheet cells do?
On M$ Visio reference, it is said (www):

Represents the x -coordinate for a control handle's anchor point in local coordinates.
Remarks: The anchor point is used for rubber-banding during dynamics.

But what does that mean?

Thanks

Croc

Take a look at the older documentation.

QuoteThe X Dynamics and Y Dynamics cells describe the control handle's anchor point, which is connected to the control handle with a dynamically drawn black line when live dynamics has been turned off. For details, see "Setting a control handle's anchor point" .

Setting a control handle's anchor point
Each control handle you define has an anchor point on the shape in relation to which it is drawn. The anchor point is defined by the formulas in the control point's X Dynamics and Y Dynamics cells. In Microsoft® Visio® 2000, a new feature called Enable Live Dynamics updates shape geometry as a user moves a control handle.

When live dynamics is disabled, a black "rubber-band" line stretches between the anchor point and the control handle as the user drags the handle. This rubber-band line serves as a visual aid to help users determine where the control handle is being moved and what will happen to the shape as a result. The location of the anchor point does not affect how the shape appears on the page, but only how the rubber-band line appears as the user moves the control handle. When live dynamics is enabled, the anchor point has no visible effect. To turn live dynamics off for a drawing (it is on by default), choose Tools > Options, click the Drawing tab, and uncheck the Enable Live Dynamics option.

When Enable Live Dynamics is unchecked on the Advanced tab of the Options dialog box (Tools > Options) and a user moves a control handle, a black line connects the anchor point and the control handle and stretches as the user drags the handle.
You can set the anchor point at any position in relation to the shape using the X Dynamics and Y Dynamics cells. By default, the anchor point appears at the position of the control handle. However, you can position the anchor point in a fixed location relative to the shape. For example, to set a control handle's anchor point at the bottom
of a shape, enter this formula:
Y Dynamics = Height * 0
To set the anchor point at the center of a shape, enter these formulas:
X Dynamics = Width/2
Y Dynamics = Height/2

MatLcq

Amazing.

Where can I find this old documentation?

Thanks a lot

Croc

I am using the PDF version. I don't know if it is available on the Internet.
But here it should be about the same.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/office-xp/aa217846(v=office.10)

---------
No, it's not the same :(
Then look here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoy92nrz5k18jif/DVS.pdf?dl=0