Printing layers to PDF

Started by ReedBeatse, July 22, 2020, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReedBeatse

For a number of years, I have been printing my Visio drawings with multiple layers using the Adobe Acrobat plug-in that creates a new menu and allows to choose if I keep layers or flatten the drawing.  When I moved to Office 2016, my IT department found that the plug-in did not work with Visio and so they found a workaround.  They installed the 32-bit version of Visio 2013 and then installed to 64 bit version of Office 2016 for everything but Visio.  This allowed me to keep the Acrobat menu and print my vsd/vsdx files and keep the layers in pdf format.

Now we are moving to Office 365 and so far no one has found a workaround that will keep the layers in pdf.

Does anyone know of either a setting within O365 Visio that will allow for the retaining of layers in pdf output or another pdf generator that works with Visio?  Or ANYTHING that would work?  My company relies on these documents (and their layers) very heavily.

hidden layer

Hi,

I had the same problem (my company replaced Acrobat with some cheepy creepy app). After claiming they gave me the old solution back.
I also crawled through the web without any other solution. You may search for 'layer' and 'pdf' here and there are some topics about this. You can do this in other forums as well but I'm afraid that there is no other solution. I would appreciate if there is one.
Good luck!

cheers!

vojo

I assume you want print layers that are visible/viewable/printable?  Otherwise, what would be the point.

If viewable, have you thought about  print driver so PDF.
I have used pdf995 for 20 years...works great.   Now I don't do much with layers but this essentially takes the
image on screen and put it into a PDF file.  This tool has decent options to change resolution, orientation, etc

apologies if I misunderstand the nuance of the issue here.

Surrogate