Master Typeface is not honoured in the shape once dropped

Started by lizat, July 03, 2020, 02:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lizat

I have a stencil where all the shapes use Comic Sans, however when I drop a shape on the canvas that is changed to Calibri. In fact i don't want Comic Sans so I changed one of the master shapes to use another typeface but it still is not honoured. Do I need to add some sort of 'guard action in the shape sheet?

Thank you.

vojo

is comic sans installed on the system (system using the stencil is different from system creating the stencil)?

lizat

yes, and i can change manually. It's just when first dropped it does this.

Surrogate

Yes, you can use one of these font properties.
For example:
Guard(Font("Tahoma"))

Nikolay

As far as I know, "GUARD" protects things only from user changes. I.e. it will not allow user to modify the font.
I doubt it can stop Visio from doing whatever it wants to do.

I would try to investigate, why the font is "automatically changed" when you drop a shape. This does not happen normally.
Maybe you have a theme selected that enforces "Calibri" for all shapes that do not support theming?

vojo

guard also seems to make sure visio uses the formula included.

shape.1!pinx = 20mm

shape.2!pinx = shape.1!pinx + 10mm = 1733 mm         // and oh by the way, it seems to trash multiple pages in the file
                                                                                  // took 60 minutes to get it back to operational

shape.2!pinx = guard(shape.1!pinx + 10mm) = 30mm   // all worked as expected...I usually do it this way but forget on
                                                                                  //on one child shape...launch codes issued, planet destroyed ;-)

RE fonts:   Please check the font desired is installed in the system
                before I think 2010, font was time to a relative index number for all fonts in the system
                (my font =12 might be arieal...but your font = 12 might be Calabria)

afet 2010, fonts were some sort of absolute index....so if your font is not in target system, not sure what it does

Surrogate

@Nikolay, do you remember this thread in Russian Visio forum ?
But there user had problem with change font from Arial (default font before Visio 2007) to Calibri (after 2007)